cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: how-to query an xml repository efficiently
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 09:31:27 GMT
Hi Robby,

It sounds to me from your description that what you need is a common or
garden CMS (Content Management System) based on a JCR (Java Content
Repository) like Apache Jackrabbit [1] ).  There are a number of CMS
projects built on top of this platform (Hippo CMS7 [2] for example).

Don't bother rolling your own repository when others have done it for
you.  JCR would also give you versioning capabilities too.

This article [3] will give you an overview of how a JCR works and from
it I think you'll see how your XML data (and all the images and other
content) can be imported into the repository and indexed and organized
and searched.  Actually the official JSR 170 [4] specification (I think
it is still at version 1.0.1) is surprisingly interesting to read as
well; especially where it describes the types of nodes.

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
[2] http://wiki.onehippo.org/display/CMS7/Home