cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: how-to query an xml repository efficiently
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 08:44:57 GMT
Hi Robby,

in this case I even think SOLR would be a great match for this use case.

You can push XML with a http client to SOLR and let SOLR index the
information. See the post.jar that comes with the SOLR example. It
pushes XML to the solr app and indexes it based on your configuration.

The great thing is that you can even configure all kinds of facets based
on what is stored in such a product file, so you can create a nice facet
view in your webapp.

A couple of years ago I was looking a some Forrest components [1], which
were made for using SOLR from a cocooon point of view. It helps you to
perform queries to a SOLR instance from your sitemap and get XML
response back.

Regards,

Jeroen

[1]http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrForrest