cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mika Lehtonen <m...@digikartta.net>
Subject Re: xml2pgsql with cocoon?
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 19:55:27 GMT
Hi Jos,

and thanks for your reply.
SAX and JDBC.. I should have mentioned, that Java is my Achilles Heel. I
can't claim that I had never written a single line of Java, shame on me.
And your suggestion means a lot of Java jumping, right? I do have
written code with C#, Perl, PHP, JS and done quite a lot of things with
XML/XSLT/XSL-FO, but still a fresh start with Java in a project like
this.. I don't know.. on the other hand, it would be a chance to grab
the ox from its horns and do the inevitable.
I will probably represent the geometries with Geoserver and OpenLayers
and probably include some attribute related functions into it. But there
will be also some other applications. It's still all open. At this
point, the major task is to get the data into database or actually build
a "block" that will make "uploading" into database possible.

- mika -