cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mika Lehtonen <m...@digikartta.net>
Subject xml2pgsql with cocoon?
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:58:05 GMT
Hello Cocooners!

I have a little project going on with the following brief description. I
was just wondering whether this be something that would be feasible to
implement with Cocoon.

I have a XML schema and a Postgresql (PostGIS) table structure which fit
together, at least as much as possible. What I would like to accomplish is:

1) Upload a XML-file (Actually GML) into my server.
2) Optionally validate it against the schema.
3) Populate the Postgresql database with the data of that uploaded GML.
4) Populate PostGIS columns of the database with the geometries in that
GML-file.

And someday I might want to do the same other way round, that is, save a
valid GML out of the Postgresql/PostGIS database.

Any hints/ideas are most welcome. And maybe I am just trying to
re-invent a wheel again. If you know some framework/software which
already does this, please share your knowledge.

With best regards,
Mika Lehtonen