cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <francesco.chicchiri...@everett.it>
Subject Re: Starting out with Cocoon 2.2
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:41:59 GMT
On 10/sep/09, at 16:55, Jeroen Reijn wrote

> Well I think that some people have put Cocoon on a low profile.
> There were a lot of great frameworks added to the ASF code base
> lately, which made people broaden their perspective.
>
> I don't really think that people quit working with/on Cocoon,
> because Cocoon 2.1 is stable and a lot of people are using it.
> Cocoon 2.2 however has slowed down in development, but did not
> really stop. Some developers have started working on Cocooon 3.0
> alpha, which is still under development.
>
> One of the great things of a community is that the more people get
> involved into the project, the more the project evolves. Don't be
> shy to still keep working with Cocoon. One of the things on my todo
> list is to do some work on the Cocoon JCR block. I don't really have
> an estimate on when I can find some time, but I hope it to be soon.

...which in turn would result in Hippo 7 to get a Cocoon front-end,
right? :-)

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò
Delivery Manager

everett Italia ▸
          TRUSTED TO KNOW

Head Office
Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
Tel:
+39 02 72546847
Fax:
+39 02 72546418
Technology Centre
Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
Tel:
+39 085 2120342 / +39 085 2120537
Fax:
+39 085 2120342 / +39 085 2120537