cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Pruy <Rainer.P...@Acrys.COM>
Subject Re: Passing POST Parameters to a block call, cocoon 2.2, please urgent!
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:54:45 GMT
Hi Ali,

the "problem" is, you are trying to use cocoon inappropriately.

Currently there is no way passing parameters via servlet protocol.
(Actually, you could use URL-encoded parameters. That will work. But, not all forms data can
be propagated that way.)

The only approach that will work with passing forms data in
is directing the (external) call directly into the targeted block.
(You may use inheritance to get access to shared resources from "master" sitemap).

This was quite a short sketch of a non-trivial topic.

Nevertheless, this deficiency of the servlet protocol is the reason why I still stick with
2.1.
I can not afford the time for restructuring my applications to cope with new inter sitemap
semantics.

Rainer

--
Rainer Pruy
Geschäftsführer

Acrys Consult GmbH & Co. KG
Theodor-Heuss-Str. 53-63, D-61118 Bad Vilbel
Tel: +49-6101-98760-0 Fax: +49-6101-98760-50
Web: http://www.acrys.com -  Email: office@acrys.com
Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, HRA 31151
Komplementärin: Acrys Verwaltungs GmbH
Theodor-Heuss-Str. 53-63, D-61118 Bad Vilbel
Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, HRB 57625