cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Jinks <michael.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject clueless newbie attempting Saxon, xslt2
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 01:37:01 GMT
I'm a Unix admin who's been asked to set up Cocoon+Saxon9 on Tomcat,
without knowing much at all about any of the above, so this is a
pretty clueless plea for help.

After a lot of flailing with documentation aimed at people using
Maven/Jetty, I found and followed some kind soul's instructions, here:

  http://hcmc.uvic.ca/blogs/index.php?blog=11&p=2595&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

(Click through the redirect defeat message if you want to see the crib
sheet I'm working from.)

I have Saxon 9 built, and its .jar files copied into the Cocoon
WEB-INF/lib directory.

I have the user's application (is that the right term?  directory full
of of .xsl files, couple of .css and .xml files, and a sitemap.xmap)
copied into a subdirectory under the Cocoon root, currently named
"xslt2-test".

Their sitemap.xmap file consists of a lot of sections that look like this one:

          <map:pipeline>
            <map:match pattern="home">
                <map:generate src="bulgarian_atlas.xml" type="file"/>
                <map:transform src="home.xsl" type="xslt2"/>
                <map:serialize type="html"/>
            </map:match>
        </map:pipeline>

Trying to browse to the root of that directory yields an error:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Type
'xslt2' is not defined for 'transform' at
file:///var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/cocoon/xslt2-test/sitemap.xmap:13:61
context://xslt2-test/sitemap.xmap - 13:61

Time for more flailing: I did a find/grep looking for (type="xslt2")
anywhere under the cocoon directory and didn't find anything, but I
did find some references to (type="xslt"), so I tried a
search-and-replace in the user's sitemap.xmap, changing all instances
of type="xslt2" to type="xslt".  That, at least, changed the error:

org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched
request: xslt2-test/
<map:mount> - context://sitemap.xmap - 1067:92

...but when I google for the "no pipeline matched" error it seems like
a very general thing, and I don't have any idea where to go next in
debugging this.

Is there some general set of instructions, maybe, for getting XSLT2
working under Cocoon/Saxon9 (ideally on Tomcat)?  I thought that the
whole point behind Saxon was to process XSLT2, so maybe I don't really
have Saxon working after all...?

Help?