cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Boksa <mailingli...@boksa.de>
Subject Re: Debian Tomcat issue
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:10:44 GMT
Hi Peter,

> I am trying to deploy a cocoon 2.2 application on Tomcat on a Debian
> installation (tomcat 5.5.20-2etch3).
>
> However, when trying to deploy on the debian standard tomcat, I get
> listenerError during deployment, which doesn't say much, and it's
> strange that my app works fine on a different tomcat version.
>
> Any experience with debian anyone?

I use tomcat on Debian (Lenny) in my test environment, It works fine
for me - make sure you have enabled  logging (see [1]) in tomcat
(disabled on Debian by default). Also make sure that your tomcat
installation uses Sun's JVM (you might have to adjust your apt sources
for that).

hth

Benjamin

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html