cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Barbara Slupik <barbara_slu...@wro.vectranet.pl>
Subject Re: Resource outside jar
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 09:14:06 GMT
Production environment runs on my client's server. Development
environment runs on my computer.

My client has multiple users. He wants to change and add new printers
but he does not want to rebuild the application every time printer
details change.

What I am trying to do is to apply the same pattern which has been
applied in an older application running in cocoon-2.0. In that
application there is one Printers.xml file for all users and it
contains information about printers (for example which render to use:
pcl or postscript). User selects some processing parameters and a
printer and submits a batch job as a jms request. The request goes to
jms server which does the processing and prints the results on user's
printer.

The new cocoon-2.2.0 application is sending jms requests - this works
ok. Now I need to add printers. Of course I could put the printers
into the database but I prefer to stay with xml file.

Barbara