cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: redirect output to filesystem
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:09:55 GMT
Not sure ... but can't you just use the source-write transformer?

Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Gow [mailto:cgow@commsolv.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:45 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: redirect output to filesystem

Hi:

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to redirect the output from a

sitemap request to the file system (where cocoon is running) instead of
the browser.

My situation is as follows. I generate a html view of a document to a
user, if the user finds the content of this document acceptable. They
are given an option to 'save' the document as a pdf on the server. I'm
trying to find a way to redirect the output from the fop serializer to
the server and not to the browser. Ideally, I would like to avoid
sending the generated pdf to the browser and instead send some other
indicator (eg. Success! or something)

One thing to keep in mind...I'm using a really, really old version of
cocoon: 2.0.3 :(.

Any ideas/solutions are welcome, even if it is not cocoon specific
though I would prefer a cocoon solution.

thanks

-- chris