cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Molnar <mp...@nanasoft.hu>
Subject Re: Debian Tomcat issue
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:23:50 GMT
Benjamin Boksa wrote:

> I use tomcat on Debian (Lenny) in my test environment, It works fine for
> me - make sure you have enabled  logging (see [1]) in tomcat (disabled
> on Debian by default). Also make sure that your tomcat installation uses
> Sun's JVM (you might have to adjust your apt sources for that).

I'm now using Sun JDK 1.6.0_05-b13, and I have added the configuration
on the website, so tomcat now uses log4j.

Well, logging did help. It turned out, that in the test environment I
was running tomcat without it's security option turned on, whereas on
Debian it's enabled by default. Is anybody using the security feature
with Tomcat?

I was searching the web for a security policy for Cocoon 2.2, but I
wasn't able to find one. Is there a "base" security policy I could use
as a start, or do I have to write it from scratch?

--
Peter Molnar <mpdev@nanasoft.hu>