cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Javier Rodriguez (genaker)" <javier.rodrig...@genaker.net>
Subject Image transcoding using cocoon
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 09:26:16 GMT
Hi,

I need to implement a transcoding of images (resolution and format) for
an application based in cocoon. Theses images are taken from an URL. I
am thinking in several solutions but I don't know witch is the most
appropriate:

1. Implement the transcoding as a separate servlet and make some
redirection to this servlet from the sitemap

2. Implement my own transcoding stuff using cocoon: 1 generator that
load a binary image into an XML stream, 1 or several transcoding (1 for
size , another for type etc...) and 1 serialize to generate the new
binary image

The first option is more efficient but less integrated. And the second
option is more modular and integrated ...

Do you have some experience in this kind of developments?

Thanks a lot,

Javier