cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Image transcoding using cocoon
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 09:33:55 GMT
2009/7/8 Javier Rodriguez (genaker) <javier.rodriguez@genaker.net>

> Hi,
>
> I need to implement a transcoding of images (resolution and format) for
> an application based in cocoon. Theses images are taken from an URL. I
> am thinking in several solutions but I don't know witch is the most
> appropriate:
>
> 1. Implement the transcoding as a separate servlet and make some
> redirection to this servlet from the sitemap
>
> 2. Implement my own transcoding stuff using cocoon: 1 generator that
> load a binary image into an XML stream, 1 or several transcoding (1 for
> size , another for type etc...) and 1 serialize to generate the new
> binary image
>
> The first option is more efficient but less integrated. And the second
> option is more modular and integrated ...
>
> Do you have some experience in this kind of developments?

If all these images are in jpeg format, you can use the imagereader [1].

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/core/image-reader.html

Jasha Joachimsthal

j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com - jasha@apache.org

www.onehippo.com
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 185 H Street, suite B, Petaluma CA 94952 +1
(707) 7734646