cocoon-users mailing list archives

From warrell harries <warrell.harr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.11, Java 6 and Maven
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:41:51 GMT
One of the nice things about the Cocoon 2.1x line is that oldies like me can
just use a text editor and the command line. I never found Eclipse was worth
the hassle and I was never quite sure what was going on behind the scenes.
That risk can stifle progress and burn precious time when you start a new
job and your colleagues are wanting to see some results of working on their
codebase. they probably aren't sure how things are set-up either and no-one
wants to look stupid by admitting their lack of knowledge. Sometimes the
niceties of your environment. have to take a back seat to getting a  simple
tool-chain in place.

No help here I'm afraid just the ramblings of an ageing hacker :)