cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: Stand alone Cocoon
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:51:59 GMT
zzkumar schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Cocoon. We are planning to use Cocoon for report generation (XML
> + excel template passed through Cocoon = Excel file with values filled in).
>
> I am able to generate the report when I deploy the cocoon as a web app.
> Now the issue is, I want to integrate cocoon into my existing webapp. By
> integrating I mean, I should use the web.xml of my current web application
> and not the one from cocoon. i.e. every request should go through my old
> web.xml.
> and when I say generate report, it should invoke methods from Cocoon and
> generate reports.
>
> For ex. I want to have a method like : public Object generateReport(String
> xlsPath, String excelTemplatePath) and this method should invoke classes
> from Cocoon, generate report and return the report.

One thing I forgot to mention:
What you describe looks almost like a helper class we created in Cocoon
3.0
http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/pipeline/util/TransformationUtils.html

Basically it builds a Pipeline, adds the required components, applies
the parameters  and executes this all.
It's like a one-stop-shop for the most common XSLT things you can come
across.

This class is also a nice example for the Pipeline API itself and how to
use it for building your own ready-to-use transformations.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/cocoon-sax/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/sax/util/TransformationUtils.java

(However, keep in mind that this is trunk, so it has all the nice
generics, packaging, etc.)