cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.11, Java 6 and Maven
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:53:45 GMT
+1

>>> On 2009/06/15 at 10:41, in message <5c4168b80906150141r575dbc9ai31a4ee555a28852@mail.gmail.com>,
warrell harries <warrell.harries@googlemail.com> wrote:
One of the nice things about the Cocoon 2.1x line is that oldies like me can just use a text
editor and the command line. I never found Eclipse was worth the hassle and I was never quite
sure what was going on behind the scenes. That risk can stifle progress and burn precious
time when you start a new job and your colleagues are wanting to see some results of working
on their codebase. they probably aren't sure how things are set-up either and no-one wants
to look stupid by admitting their lack of knowledge. Sometimes the niceties of your environment.
have to take a back seat to getting a simple tool-chain in place.

No help here I'm afraid just the ramblings of an ageing hacker :)