cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tomek Piechowicz <tomasz.piechow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 + eXist native xml db 1.2.6
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:29:04 GMT

I went through archive in both Cocoon and eXist mailing lists and I found
some useful informations.

1. After I created new cocoon 2.2 block in maven I copied following jars to
WEB-INF/lib directory :

exist/exist.jar
exist/exist-optional.jar
exist/lib/core/antlr-2.7.6.jar
exist/lib/core/commons-pool-1.4.jar
exist/lib/core/xmldb.jar
exist/lib/core/xmlrpc-client-3.1.1.jar
exist/lib/core/xmlrpc-common.3.1.1.jar

Tomek Piechowicz wrote:

> In eXist, pseudo-protocols are configured in Cocoon's main configuration
> file WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf. To make use of these protocols, simply
> specify the correct database driver class, as in the following example:
>
> <source-handler logger="core.source-handler">
>       <protocol
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.XMLDBSourceFactory"
>       name="xmldb">
>       <driver class="org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="exist"/>
>       </protocol>
>  </source-handler>

2. I`ve created my own cocoon.xconf in META-INF/cocoon/avalon/ and I put
above code into it. After I run maven jetty

server threw exception :

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unknow
document 'source-handler'

3. Then I tried another code which I`ve found somewhere in the archive :

<components>
	<source-factories>
		<component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory"
name="xmldb">
			<driver class="org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="exist"/>
		</component-instance>
	</source-factories>
</components>

but again server threw exception :

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory

Can anyone help me with configuring cocoon to use XQueryGenerator to access
eXist ?

Regards,
Tomasz