cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.nl>
Subject ClassCastException in cocoon-block-deployment when running junit test [cocoon-3] and using cocoon-spring-configurator
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 12:57:45 GMT
Hi all,

I've been trying for quite some time to get a simple unit test working
for a cocoon 3-block  where I'm also using the
'cocoon-spring-configurator'.   I added the files involved because I
have no clue if this is a configuration problem somehow giving me the
stacktrace below.

Anybody who can help me out here?

Many thx in advance.

Robby

src/main/resources/applicationContext.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<beans

  xmlns:p="http://www.springframework.org/schema/p"

  xmlns:context="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context"

  xmlns:configurator="http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/configurator"

  xmlns:aop="http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop"

  xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"

  xmlns:pipeline="http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/pipeline"

  xsi:schemaLocation="

http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd

  http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop
http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop/spring-aop-2.5.xsd

  http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context-2.5.xsd

  http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util-2.5.xsd

  http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/configurator
http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/configurator/cocoon-configurator-1.0.1.x
sd

  http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/pipeline
http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/pipeline/cocoon-pipeline-1.0.xsd">

 <configurator:settings />

  <bean name="spider" class="com.nxp.spider.Spider" >

    <property name="settings" ref="settings"/>

  </bean>

</beans>

com.nxp.spider.Spider.java

package com.nxp.spider;

import org.apache.cocoon.configuration.Settings;

public class Spider {

      private Settings settings;

      public void setSettings(Settings settings) {

            this.settings = settings;

      }

      public Settings getSettings() {

            return this.settings;

      }

      public String getRunningMode() {

            return getSettings().getRunningMode();

      }

      public String toString() {

            return "Application running in mode '" + getRunningMode() +
"'.";

      }

}

com.nxp.spider.test.SpiderTest

package com.nxp.spider.test;

import org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext;

import
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;

import com.nxp.spider.Spider;

import junit.framework.TestCase;

public class SpiderTest extends TestCase {

      private ApplicationContext appContext;

            super.setUp();

            appContext = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("application-context.xml");

      }

      protected void tearDown() throws Exception {

            appContext = null;

            super.tearDown();

      }

      public void testSpider() {

            Spider spider = (Spider) appContext.getBean("spider");

            assertNotNull(spider);

      }

}

StackTrace when running SpiderTest [eclipse] or when running  $ mvn test
-Dorg.apache.cocoon.mode=dev [cygwin].  I have declared junit 4.4 as
dependency.

bean with name
'org.apache.cocoon.blockdeployment.BlockContextURLStreamHandlerFactory'
defined in URL
[jar:file:/D:/maven/repo/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-block-deployment/1.0.0
/cocoon-block-deployment-1.0.0.jar!/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-blockd
eployment-protocol.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception
is java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:480)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)

                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObjec
t(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.g
etSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(Ab
stractBeanFactory.java:185)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(Ab
stractBeanFactory.java:164)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.pre
InstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)

                at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBea
nFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)

                at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(A
bstractApplicationContext.java:380)

                at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init
>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)

                at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init
>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:83)

                at
com.nxp.spider.test.SpiderTest.setUp(SpiderTest.java:16)

                at
junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)

                at
junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)

                at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.jav
a:81)

                at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4Tes
tReference.java:45)

                at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.ja
va:38)

                at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
stRunner.java:460)

                at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
stRunner.java:673)

                at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRun
ner.java:386)

                at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:196)

org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext

                at
org.apache.cocoon.blockdeployment.BlockContextURLStreamHandlerFactory.se
tApplicationContext(BlockContextURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:55)

                at
org.springframework.context.support.ApplicationContextAwareProcessor.pos
tProcessBeforeInitialization(ApplicationContextAwareProcessor.java:70)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapable
BeanFactory.java:350)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1331)

                at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)

                ... 28 more