cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.nl>
Subject RE: Map serialize flowscript output
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 13:09:22 GMT
If I have time this week I might try to create a more advanced tutorial on creating SVG.

-          Use xml data as input for the images

-          The images show basic animation and hyperlinks

I can't really point you to good material at the moment.  At the time I did that project (2002)
I just googled a lot and created the SVG's by hand.  After that project I completely was thinking
in matrix/coordinates ;-)

The most difficult stuff I encountered was finding clever algorithms to position my SVG elements
on the canvas and having my elemens scale automatically if the use case had to many svg elements
to be drawn.

Just some quick example of links in SVG:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"

    <a xlink:href="http://cocoon.apache.org/">

        <text x="10" y="20">Apache Cocoon</text>

    </a>

</svg>

Take a quick look at http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/  for additional info.

If you were to create the SVG with xslt, you could create a template.

Suppose your input looks like:

<favourites>

  <favourite>

    <description>Google: Search engine</description>

   <url>http://www.google.com</url>

  </favourite>

  <favourite>

    <description>Apache Cocoon: Java web development framework</description>

   <url>http://cocoon.apache.org/ </url>

  </favourite>

</favourites>

Xslt snippet:

<xsl:template mactch="favourite">

  <a xlink:href="http://cocoon.apache.org/">

   <xsl:attribute name="xlink:href" select="url" />  <!-not  100% sure anymore if
this will work with prefix:elementname à

   <text x="10" y="20"><xsl:value-of select="description" /></text>

  </a>

</xsl:template>

One thing to note:  Take a look at http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#DefsElement

I did not use this back then but I think it will make life easier and your code more reusable
and maintainable.

Cheers,

Robby