cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject sharing properties in blocks
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 20:18:55 GMT
Hello all:
I have this senario where I need to override properties in more than one
of the blocks when they are used from a top level one. For example, I
need the site navigation block to construct a navigation from one
directory. In another block, the contents will be server from the same
directory. In the site navigation block I have this:

<map:generate type="directory" src="${site.contents.directory}">
             <map:parameter name="depth" value="3"/>
  </map:generate>

Then in define this value in the cocoon.properties for the
contents-block using the relative path:

site.contents.directory=contents

Now, the problem is, this directory doesn't exist in the navigation
block. I considered using one of the InputModules varaibles that refers
to the deployment path (not sure which one yet), but again this won't
help as I want to be able to change this variable to an absolute path on
the filesystem.

I am using aggregation to combine results from multiple blocks.

Is there's a clean way to achieve this?

Thank you.