cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Migration problem
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 13:57:03 GMT
On 14.05.2009 15:41, Jean-Claude Moissinac wrote:
> OK
> I will investigate in that direction.
> But it will help if I can find what cocoon is trying to write.
> (I think, I'm not the first to use cocoon.war in tomcat on Ubuntu)

Looking at your stack trace it's

at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:669)
at org.apache.cocoon.util.PropertySettings.<init>(PropertySettings.java:74)

   // now read all properties from the properties directory
   readProperties("context://WEB-INF/properties", resolver);

   // read additional properties file

   String additionalPropertyFile =
       properties.containsKey(Settings.PROPERTY_USER_SETTINGS)
       ? (String)properties.get(Settings.PROPERTY_USER_SETTINGS)
       : System.getProperty(Settings.PROPERTY_USER_SETTINGS);

It's not the file access troubling you but the access to system
properties (last line in code snippet). This is not a file system issue
but an issue with a configured SecurityManager which doesn't allow you
to access system properties.

Joerg