cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Form generation
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 13:50:52 GMT
Funny you should ask that; i had the same issue myself a while back:
http://www.nabble.com/JX---Flowscipt-variable-not-accessible-in-generated-form--td21684221.html

The answer there is the approach I adopted.

Derek

>>> On 2009/05/12 at 03:31, in message <4A097A27.4050307@oulu.fi>, Andre Juffer
<andre.juffer@oulu.fi> wrote:
Hi,

is the following allowed (in flow):

var data = ......;
var form = new Form("cocoon://make-form.jx", { "data" : data } );

The idea is to automatically generate a form definition from given data
with jx:forEach. The data object doesn't seem to be passed on.

The make-form.jx actually does exactly what it is supposed to do. I
tested this with

var data = .....;
cocoon.sendPage("make-form.jx", { "data" : data } );

and this gives me the right form definition.

If

new Form("cocoon://make-form.jx", { "data" : data } );

is not possible, what would be the alternative?