cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Wendell Piez <wap...@mulberrytech.com>
Subject Re: Turning down log4j
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:54:44 GMT
Dear Hubert,

At 08:36 AM 4/13/2009, you wrote:
> > making a settings.properties file with the line
> >
> > org.apache.cocoon.log4j.loglevel=ERROR
> >
> > but this has no apparent effect. Is this not what I do to reduce the
> > logging down from DEBUG? (It seems to be the implication of the
>
>Did you make the settings.properties file in the
>block/src/main/resources/META-
>INF/cocoon/properties directory? This should make it accessible for
>the Spring
>configurator.

Indeed I did, which is why I am puzzled, and suspect I must be
missing something basic.

A log file is still being generated with any number of debug-level
messages in it.

FWIW, I also see these lines echoed at startup. I have no idea if
they're relevant to the problem I am having:

(org.apache.commons.jci.stores.MemoryResourceStore).
(org.apache.commons.jci.monitor.FilesystemAlterationMonitor).

(Sorry for the slow turnaround on this. I have been swamped.)

Thanks,
Wendell