cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Is Cocoon the right tool?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:07:13 GMT
Fernando wrote:

>>> Just to make sure, are layouts like these possible?
>>> http://jobmob.co.il/blog/more-beautiful-resume-ideas-that-work/
>> Many, if not all, of these layouts can be created with CSS.
>> Cocoon would return clean (X)HTML (and many other formats)
>> without any particular style information. You would just need
>> to ensure that the HTML elements have appropriate id's.
>
> But how would this apply to rtf or pdf? I mean, there's no equivalent of CSS
> for those formats...

Embedding graphics is possible with both PDF and RTF, though they use a
completely different syntax from CSS.

Therefore, for PDF you would have to manually write "translators" from
XML to FO using XSLT, than Cocoon would take care of transforming FO to
PDF... I guess you would have to do something similar for RTF (never tried).

Seems to me a rather... hmm... *interesting* assignment ;)

Regards,