cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Petteri Sulonen <Petteri.Sulo...@avaintec.com>
Subject Re: Stream generator encoding problem with Cocoon 2.1.11
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:20:36 GMT
Trouble is I'm not sending the XML from a servlet; I'm sending it from a
browser. I've tried forcing a Content-Type header
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8" but the charset part
doesn't appear to do anything (and I'd prefer not to have to mess with
headers on the browser side, since this can lead to all kinds of
cross-browser pain). The pipeline breaks if I bork the header altogether
(e.g., I put in "this/is/junk; charset=utf-8"), but changing the charset
part to iso-8859-1 or this-is-not-an-encoding doesn't make any difference.

By the way, the stream generator sample at
[COCOON_HOME]/samples/stream/uploadstring breaks the same way when my
form-encoding is set to UTF-8, so it's not anything special about the
app I'm working on. If I change  <ShipName>Thoms White</ShipName> to
<ShipName>Thöms White</ShipName> and submit, I get back <ShipName>Thöms

White</ShipName>.

Thanks anyway; I'll keep working on it. At least the StreamGenerator
source code is beautifully clear and well commented so if all else fails
I can patch it so it takes a sitemap parameter that forces the encoding
I want.

/Petteri

Víctor Pergolesi wrote:
> Hi Peter:
> generally when I send xml from a servlet to cocoon y set the ContentType to avoid this
problem:

> protected void processRequest(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
>    throws ServletException, IOException {
> response.setContentType("text/xml; charset=UTF-8");
> }
>
> I hope this help you.
>

> Victor Pergolesi
>
>   _____

del destinatario. Si hubiese recibido este mensaje por error, o contuviera información que
Ud. no desea recibir, por favor le agradecemos nos lo haga saber y lo elimine de su sistema.
Cualquier inconveniente, enviarlo a librodequejas@codimat.com.ar.