cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mika Lehtonen <m...@digikartta.net>
Subject Re: Is Cocoon the right tool?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:40:43 GMT
Indeed it's an *interesting* assignment. Two things popped up in my mind:
1) Using Cocoon's sitemap and its components can be very enlightening
experience. They really do are powerfull.
2) While looking your examples, I can't help myself thinking what you
really are expecting Cocoon to be. Usually creating fancy layouts with
numerous graphics and effects are connected in our minds to software
with a powerful graphical user interface. What can you do graphically in
Cocoon. Nothing, because it's a web development framework not a desktop
design software. So you have to be prepared in coding, although you can
do a lot in Cocoon without using any particular programming language.
But still you have to learn also "Cocoon language" + for example XSL-FO
etc..

- mika -