cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: [HOWTO WANTED] APP migration from Cocoon 2.1 to Cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:46:27 GMT
Probably not exactly what you wanted, but it may help:
http://www.csparks.com/cocoon/c22without/index.xhtml
if you work through all the steps, you eventually get to the:
"Add your content" section.

>>> On 2009/03/02 at 01:25, in message <1ccf02660903020325v79c79ea8v181498923e29109c@mail.gmail.com>,
Vanja Petreski <vpetreski@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Cocoon people :)

I have a problem which seems like a nightmare to me right now, so I hope that someone could
help me ;)

I have to migrate relatively big Cocoon 2.1 application to Cocoon 2.2. Mavenization should
be done too.

I have a lot of experience with Maven and Spring, that's OK, but I am completely new to Cocoon.

I've read the book "Cocoon Developer's Handbook", which is for Cocoon 2.0, to get familiar
with Cocoon (very bad situation with books and docs)

After that I did the online tutorial for Cocoon 2.2.

And I should start with the migration now. But I don't have a clue where to start from :(

As I understand I have to options:

1) Start from scratch

2) Minimal changes to the existing app - http://blog.reverycodes.com/archives/000045.html

I like this, because I want to do migration as simple as possible, but there is no enough
information or I simply don't know how to do it.

I'm wondering does somebody have experience with migration from 2.1 to 2.2, is better 1) or
2), what are the steps and best practice for this?

Thanks,
Vanja