cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Klortho <Voldr...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting up Cocoon to serve its own documentation
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 23:51:24 GMT

Hi, can anybody point me in the right direction here?

I've been trying to dig into the Cocoon documentation, A, to get answers to
questions, and B, because I notice that a lot of things that are implemented
in the Cocoon docs are things I want to be able to do in my own projects.

So I'm trying to set Cocoon up to serve it's own documentation.  I'm using
2.1.11, and found the docs in src/documentation.  I found that if I set up
to mount the sitemap.xmap file there, I get an error that
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.IdGeneratorTransformer is not found.  If I
use sitemap-localdocs.xmap, nothing works very well at all.

I've figured out that Forrest is (was?) being used to serve the
documentation for versions 2.1.  My question is, is there an easy way to
merge the Forrest classes in with the default Cocoon installation?  I guess
this is a pretty dumb question -- please excuse -- my background is in XML
and XSLT, and I'm very new to Java programming.

I have a slew of other questions about the documents -- how Daisy is used,
how to contribute, etc.  Any pointers to some resources would be very much
appreciated.