cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hubert Klein Ikkink <h.kleinikk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fast deployment; deploy a single block
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:37:20 GMT

Peter Karich <peathal <at> yahoo.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am very new to cocoon (version 2.2.) and I would like to know how I
> could avoid the long deployment time (>2min) of the simplest application.

Hi Peter,

you can simply run your block:

cd block
mvn jetty:run

Now if you change the source code the class will be reloaded without the need
to restart Jetty. I assume you have also things like sitemaps in this block, so
you can test your code.

You also reference your block in other blocks for development, by changing the
rcl.properties file. In this file you can reference classes directories from
other blocks which will be reloaded when changed.

I only use the webapp archetype for deployment, but never for development.

Kind regards, Hubert Klein Ikkink