cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Job van Ommen <jobvanom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forms builder
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:53:15 GMT
Dear Oleg,

The reason I decided not to use chiba is the exact reason you mention.
Altho I did get the demo working, and I found the chibacookbook. In
the past there was a project called chicoon integrating Chiba with
cocoon. But that was a long time ago with older versions.

I did play with the Orbeon form builder, my first impression was that
it was very promising. But because XFORMS aren't widely accepted yet I
saw no need in using them while there was a perfectly good form
solution within cocoon.

So the question you should probably be asking yourself is do I want
cocoon, or just a form utility?


Regards,

Job

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Konovalov, Oleg
<oleg.konovalov@citi.com> wrote:
> Job,
>
> I was able to get a fair amount of info on Orbeon,
> but on Chiba - it's almost nothing: most links are broken (demo, etc.),
> I can't gather much at all. Could you recommend a good source of info?
>
> Have you tried Orbeon Form Builder ?  What's your impression ?
>
> Have you tried Lotus Forms ?
>
> Thank you,
> Oleg.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Job van Ommen [mailto:jobvanommen@gmail.com]
> Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 8:42 AM
> To: users@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Cocoon Forms builder
>
> If you are looking for XForm tools you should check out orbeon and chiba. They are both
pretty decent.
>
> Regards,
>
> Job
>
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Konovalov, Oleg <oleg.konovalov@citi.com> wrote:
>> Derek,
>>
>> When you say that all layout is done by stylesheets, do you mean XSL or CSS ?
>> If so, how do I build the stylesheet graphically [more in Design mode]?
>> My users will not be programmers,
>> so I would like to avoid exposing them to some heavy coding.
>>
>> Also, I've heard of Xforms, but that it's not supported by IE6&7 (is
>> it true?)
>>
>> Could anyone compare CForms and XForms ?
>> Any tools for them ?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Oleg.
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Derek Hohls [mailto:DHohls@csir.co.za]
>> Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 2:17 AM
>> To: users@cocoon.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Cocoon Forms builder
>>
>> Oleg
>>
>> I am not quite sure why you want to build a form graphically - given that all the
layout is done by stylesheets?  The forms essentially only contain the field definition and
any logic required to validate or alter/display their values. FWIW, I have a small Python
program that creates basic forms (and the logic my app uses to manipulate them) from an SQL
statement.
>>
>> Derek
>>
>>>>> On 2009/02/19 at 11:59, in message <11CDA457FC6A6A49A77F7F867F0F5DE109E83DD2@EXNJMB71.nam.nsroot.net>,
"Konovalov, Oleg " <oleg.konovalov@citi.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Are you aware of any tool which allows to build CForms graphically, similar to how
many Eclipse plugins ?
>> We have a limited set of XML fields, need to create (or find) a tool to build forms
through the GUI for non-programmers.
>> If not, how would you build such a tool, any building blocks ?
>> Any help is very appreciated.
>> TIA,
>> Oleg Konovalov
>> Email: oleg.konovalov@citi.com
>>
>>
>> --
>> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal
notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
>> The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.
>>
>> This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and
is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org
>>
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message