cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrating e-commerce from php to Cocoon
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:42:55 GMT
Hello all,
We have an e-commerce web site, and we need to step away from joomla.
One of the options we are looking into is to use cocoon. Now, the
difficulty is, we need to migrate on part at a time and keep the site
secure. And we need to use a mechanism, not to update (refresh) the
whole page. Just only the corresponding part, more/less like Iframes or
ajax.
I have looked into cocoon portlets (not very deep). But again, I don't
know if this will integrate easily with the existing site.

The plan is to replace each segment of the page with a cocoon block that
is deployed on tomcat on the same machine. I have seen before the usage
of "local" in the sitemap, to restrict access to local machine, which
will help in ensuring that all the request will go through  Joomla
first. The problem here is. If I use portlets, can they be deployed one
at a time and work like the blocks.

I need an advice/comments about this. If someone have done the same,
please let me know.