cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: fast deployment; deploy a single block
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:43:28 GMT
Robby Pelssers wrote:
> One remark.
>
> If I want to use properties in this block, I have to configure the
> Springconfigurator in the webapp module.  So whenever I really want to
> test my block I can't just do
>
> cd block
> mvn jetty:run
>
> I first have to install my block and  then run the webapp which leads to
> the problem that when I modify classes in the block they are not
> reflected. Or am I missing something here and are there ways to use the
> springconfigurator in  a standalone block?

If you just want to test your Java classes that are independent of
cocoon and are having their own Spring configuration, it is a lot easier
(and also recommended, at least in my view) to create an independent
Maven project (e.g. in Netbeans or Eclipse), where you can quickly test
your classes. Your cocoon application (block(s)) would then depend on
that particular project.