cocoon-users mailing list archives

From dhurbon <douglas.hur...@gmail.com>
Subject HSQLDB server defaults to secure sockets
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:54:34 GMT

Working with Lenya 2.0.2, which relies upon the hsqldb block in
cocoon-2.1.12-dev, lenya/cocoon was throwing initialization errors because
for some reason the HSQLDB server started by:

cocoon_2_1_x/src/blocks/hsqldb/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/hsqldb/ServerImpl.java

Was starting using secure sockets (i.e. this.hsqlServer.isTls() returned
true).

ServerImpl.java relies on the default tls state, which according to the docs
on HQLS should be false.  In my case, however, it defaulted to true and was
remedied by my setting it explicitely to false prior to starting the hsqldb
server.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

I'm running:

cocoon-2.1.12-dev
Apache Tomcat Version 6.0.13
JVM 1.5.0_06
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 5 Beta)

I don't know if this has been encountered or remedied (I seached the list
and Jira, but found nothing related)

Should I file a bug?  I can supply a patch if that would help.  I suppose
making the tls state configurable in cocoon.xconf would be the best
solution.

Regards,

doug