cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Edward Elhauge ...@uncanny.net>
Subject More control over Cform Date Conversion
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 01:05:24 GMT
Hi,

I've run into a problem where my users want more detailed control over
Date field validation. In the version that we're running (2.1.8)
we don't have a "lenient" attribute for base="date" widgets.

So the user can type in "33/60/9z" as a date, which get converted into
"10/30/2011". Not what was expected.

What I'd like would be to a small:
  <fd:validation> <fd:javascript>
  </fd:javascript> </fd:validation>
section to throw an error in those cases.

Unfortunately this.value inside that javascript callback is already in a