cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <mailingli...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: problem with this line?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:20:54 GMT
Hi Paul,

one of the things I have learned, when dealing with Cocoon was, never to
trust the actual error message ... or, when thinking about try-catch blocks
inside finally blocks in my Java Flow, not even to try to understand them
;-)

I would guess your original code was fine. I would tip on the
PasswordEncoder class not being there anymore or it having a changed
signature.
Have you checked your classpath manually that it is really there? I would
never depend on code in the demo and samples parts of Cocoon, as I would
think they change much too often ... as they are just used for demonstration
purposes.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul Joseph [mailto:pjoseph@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009 01:16
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: problem with this line?

I guess the message (below) was telling me that I had a Package, not a
class.

org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: "file:///C:/Program
Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat
5.5/webapps/webapp/webtask/request/Request.js", line 8: Not a Java
class: [JavaPackage org.apache.cocoon.ojb.samples.bean.PasswordEncoder]

I changed the line by taking out the "new" at the beginning and the ()
at the end to:
var encoder = Packages.org.apache.cocoon.ojb.samples.bean.PasswordEncoder;

And lo and behold it works.

Not sure why as in my PasswordEncoder.java file, PasswordEncoder is a class.

public class PasswordEncoder {
}

Paul