cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jasha Joachimsthal" <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: Using cocoon pipeline for import
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 08:19:43 GMT
Hi Tak,

it depends on your project. The SQLTransformer is the easiest to use but
you're bound to the specific SQL dialect of the query you're writing and
you have to think more about stuff like SQL injection. You can use
Hibernate or JPOX to make your queries work on multiple database
flavours and get safer querying but that takes more time for the setup
of your project.

Regards,

Jasha Joachimsthal

j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com - jasha@apache.org

www.onehippo.com <http://www.onehippo.com/>
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA
94952-5100 +1 (707) 773-4646

________________________________

	From: Tak-po Li [mailto:takpo.li@gmail.com]
	Sent: woensdag 7 januari 2009 3:44
	To: users@cocoon.apache.org
	Subject: Re: Using cocoon pipeline for import

	Hi Jasha,

	If I am interested in xml-relational mapping only, should I use
SQLtransformer or Hibernate?  Thanks,

	Tak

	On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Jasha Joachimsthal
<j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com> wrote:

		Mathias,

		you won't have to write your own serializer but you can
use the SQLtransformer [1].

		[1]
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/sql-transformer.html

		Jasha