cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with C2.2 -- where's the exception information?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:47:36 GMT
Klortho pisze:

> Well, thanks much for the suggestion, but it didn't work.  I did some
> experimenting, and tried pulling this out of a 2.1 sitemap and inserting it
> at the top of my new sitemap:
>   <map:components>
>     <map:generators default="file">
>       <map:generator name="exception"
>                      src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ExceptionGenerator"/>
>     </map:generators>
>   </map:components>
>
> but it didn't seem to make any difference.
> The exception I'm testing is when you give it a URL that's doesn't match any
> pipeline.
> Well, I know I'm going to have to be patient, but so far my impression is
> that version 2.2 was a giant step backwards.

This is a regression, no need for pathetic words.

git log core/cocoon-core reveals:

commit dad8542e6ba7e9d491762f2874c3a5caee488da9
Author: Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski@apache.org>
Date:   Thu Aug 14 08:39:55 2008 +0000

    Always handle ResouceNotFoundException by setting up appropriate response's status code
and by printing exception
details into response.

    git-svn-id: https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk@685811 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68

AFAIR this is a fix for this regression. It has been incorporated in released version yet,
unfortunately.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski