cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <jckermago...@bluexml.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.8 Forms + AJAX : Final call for help!
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:14:18 GMT
Hi,
have a look at :
* http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/
*
http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/blocks/core/common/webapp/resources/forms/

and more specifically at
*
http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/blocks/core/common/webapp/resources/forms/xsl

All of this worked very well 1-2 years ago, with 2.1.9 and 2.2 Cocoon.
This project generates from UML models form which were customized to
work in Cocoon Portal with Ajax features enabled in CForms and CPortal.

 From memory, the parts in *
http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/blocks/core/common/webapp/resources/forms/xsl

should show you how to make things work together and customize them.

If you are pretty brave, you should succeed. In my current project,
based on KerBlue, my interest to have a Forms manager based on cocoon
rising again :-) so I can give you some help,

HTH

Derek Hohls a écrit :
> In October last year I submitted a number of queries to the list, as I was  trying to
get Cocoon 2.1.8 Forms + AJAX working together in my application.
> This was the last entry in that thread... http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=122408149728592&w=2

> In the end, I did not succeed and moved on to other issues.  Now I have been trying again
- still without success.  I have been trying for 3 days and am intensely frustrated with not
understanding what is going wrong.

> So far, I have managed to extract the small sample that comes with Cocoon, dealing with
car make selection, and put it into its own directory, and get it to work.  Small modifications
cause problems though - with dialog box messages like "no xml answer" not really providing
me with a clue as to what the real problem it!  I also cannot get my existing site setup -
with heavily customized page layout, form styling and a form template layout that seems quite
different from the sample one (?) - to work (for example, the transformed page does not have
all the resources loaded into the page header).

> If anyone has an app that is *not* part of the standard Cocoon suite, showing how the
form styling can be customized, I would really love to see it.

> Failing that, if anyone can spell out *exactly* what resources are needed to make AJAX
work in Cocoon forms - by this I mean files, directories, site map entries etc. etc. (and
even specific code snippets in files - as its obvious that my customized form styling is missing
some vital element/s), I would really, really  appreciate it.  Otherwise I guess I will have
to write off another week of my life to Cocoon :(

--
Jean-Christophe Kermagoret
Directeur associe

BlueXML