cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Klortho <Voldr...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Getting started with C2.2 -- where's the exception information?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:51:39 GMT

Robby Pelssers-2 wrote:

> Try adding
>
>        <map:handle-errors>
>          <map:generate type="exception"/>
>          <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>        </map:handle-errors>
>
> To the pipeline.

Well, thanks much for the suggestion, but it didn't work.  I did some
experimenting, and tried pulling this out of a 2.1 sitemap and inserting it
at the top of my new sitemap:
  <map:components>
    <map:generators default="file">
      <map:generator name="exception"
                     src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ExceptionGenerator"/>
    </map:generators>
  </map:components>

but it didn't seem to make any difference.
The exception I'm testing is when you give it a URL that's doesn't match any
pipeline.
Well, I know I'm going to have to be patient, but so far my impression is
that version 2.2 was a giant step backwards.