cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <mailingli...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: C2.2 with CForms, JavaFlow and JPA (Hibernate)
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:34:48 GMT
Hi Grzegorz,

having a look at other work certainly helps. In order to finish my current
version of the tutorial, I am having some issues with the war-blocks in
conjunction with master-poms (I have finished this by patching my Maven
repository manually, but was having some other problems ... just can't
remember what they were because I was distracted by some major Problems with
JavaFlow which seem to be not usage-related. I am currently working on some
kind of maven plug-in for instrumenting the JavaFlow classes. As soon as
it's finished and I get continuations working again, I guess I'll be able to
finish the tutorial (The problems seem to be related with changes in a
Apache commons dependency)

Maybe extending the tutorial with more alternatives would be a very
interesting thing.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Grzegorz Kossakowski [mailto:grek@tuffmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 3. Januar 2009 17:53
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: C2.2 with CForms, JavaFlow and JPA (Hibernate)

Christofer Dutz pisze:
> Hi Luca,
>
> first of all ... thanks for your response.
> I switched from FlowScript to JavaFlow about two years ago ... JavaFlow
> seems to use some apache bytecode manipulation libs ind versions 2.x and
> Hibernate seems to be stuck on 1.5 ... both seem to be incompatible. So I
> got quite some exceptions and didn't manage to get the whole thing
working.

> Is there any documentation on pseudoprotocols? For example I would really
> appreciate some kind of explanation on how to go from the plain project
> created by the archetype 2 (Simple block with small samples) to enabling
> CForms. Which blocks are needed, which additions do I need for any config
> files (And what would really be great. If an explanation why I have to do
> what) ...	I would then try to setup the usage of JavaFlow over the
> holidays and try to get the JPA thing working ...

Hi Christofer.

I have a bunch of simple projects at my hard disk created over summer when I
was migrating rather
big application from C2.1 to C2.2. There is one sample showing how to use
CForms with two different
flow languages: Flowscript and Apples. I guess that it would greatly help
you with your struggles
with Javaflow.

I have initial permission to publish this code from my employer but it was a
lack of time and itch
that made me to not publish until now. Since I see it would be useful for
you I'll try to publish it
next weekend.

Moreover, there is a simple blog application[1] I started long time ago and
abandoned mainly because
in order to move forward I would have to learn more about things like Acegi
Security which are not
in my focus right now. Anyway, if there is anybody willing to contribute to
this application with
knowledge specific to 3rd-party technologies (examples: Acegi, JPA, etc.)
I'm willing to
collaborate. I guess creating simple application that shows how to integrate
various technologies
would be the best way to learn C2.2 and fabulous gift to the community at
the same time.

[1] http://github.com/gkossakowski/cocoon-blog/tree/master

--
Best regards,