cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: C2.2 with CForms, JavaFlow and JPA (Hibernate)
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:37:43 GMT
Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> Yes I have tried, them. Unfortunately they seem to use EVERY aspect of
> Cocoon at the same time. No chance for me to find out which parts I really
> need and which parts are optional.
> I don’t want to start with a 200MB Cocoon installation, just because I want
> to use about 20% of the libs.

The dependnecises of the cocoon-forms-block are:
1) cocoon-core: can you live without it ?
2) cocoon-ajax-impl: ok, this may be left out.
3) cocoon-flowscript-impl: no flow, no forms (well, you might skip this
and use javaflow... I presume).
4) cocoon-expression-language-api: I cannot imagine any real-world
webapp without JX templates.
5) cocoon-expression-language-impl: ditto.
6) cocoon-sitemap-impl: very much essential.

Therefore, I don't agree with your statement, unless you referred to
the, admittedly large, Ajax stuff.

Hmm... just possibly, you might have been entangled between blocks and
the overall webapp: if this is the case, try decomposing your app
following the tutorials (especially "Deploying a Cocoon application")
and you'll be fine.

Regards,