cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: C2.2 with CForms, JavaFlow and JPA (Hibernate)
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:28:57 GMT
Christofer Dutz wrote:

> The basic Setup I use in my projects at the moment is: Cocoon + CForms +
> JavaFlow + Hibernate … this was no problem at all under C2.1 under C2.2
> it seems to be very problematic.

Well, this is you experience, mine, using Flowscript + Hibernate was
rather pleasant.

> -          Why can I start a block whithout any of the WEB-INF + web.xml
> stuff, but can’t start a Web-Block which contains these files?

Not exactly: some weeks ago I've develop a webapp with tailored web.xml
(I had to define a filter servlet to manage threadlocal Hibernate
sessions). What I did is using the xpatch mechanism and put the patches
into META-INF/cocoon/xpatch directory.

> -          What is the Servlet-Service Framework stuff?

In my eyes, it is a way to define your own pseudoprotocols when re-using
blocks.

> -          Why does It look as if Ajax and Forms are implemented as a
> Servlet?

Ajaxed CForms are a way to render forms more responsive, but the
underlying, stateful, continuations-oriented structure of "plain" Cocoon
forms is still there.

> -          In C2.1 I had to do quite some tuning of individual
> cocoon.xconf elements? How do I find out which elements are configured
> and which options I have and most of all … How do I configure them? I
> remember properly setting up the Janitor to my individual needs solved
> most of my OutOfMemory problems in C2.1.

Avalon-managed components can be set up by specifying xconf fragments in
META-INF/cocoon/avalon. To read your current settings, browse the
META-INF directory in the JARs of Cocoon blocks.

Regards,