cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Flynn <pfl...@ucc.ie>
Subject Configuration oddity
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:40:06 GMT
I have a new installation of Cocoon on a new server, so I am slowly
configuring it and moving apps across from the old machine. In the
process I am trying to rationalise where stuff goes, as the old system
was partly experimental and grew organically with very little planning.

In Tomcat's server.xml I specify my virtual hostname in Host/@name and
the default directory in Context/docBase as /var/www/xml, which is where
I want all document-based stuff to reside.

In the Cocoon mount-table.xml I give the name of a top-level directory:
   <mount uri-prefix="doc/" src="/var/www/xml/doc/" />

And in the sitemap.xmap for that directory I have
   <map:match pattern="">
     <map:redirect-to uri="index"/>
   </map:match>
and a map pattern for "index".

So far so good: if I hit up the URI http://publish.ucc.ie/doc/index I
get the test page.

However, if I try http://publish.ucc.ie/doc/ it brings up the page, but
the displayed URI says http://publish.ucc.ie/cocoon/doc/index

Whereabouts in the pipeline is that "/cocoon" veing inserted, and why?
I've clearly misunderstood something vital here, but I can't see what.

///Peter