cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ken Starks <...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: generate pdf from xml with embedded image?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:05:21 GMT
I also use file-system stored images, or url-stored images rather than
database-stored images
when using xsl-fo and cocoon.
I did have a few images that were stored also in a database, but I would
pre-process
them in a seperate stage, generating a local copy, and populating a
table of the
database with the path. This was a batch process, not an interactive
one, and it used
python rather than cocoon. (Actually, it could do a minor amount of
image-processing as
well, such as cropping, changing contrast, creating thumbnails, changing
to a different format,
Etc and used Image magick as well as python).
I suppose it depends on the amount of storage you have, and how
important it is to you
to store your images on a database.
I no longer do so; I store the 'master-copy' on DVD or CD and a working
copy on the filing
system with a table in the database linking to its path, as well as a
key for the DVD and
the image location on the DVD or CD.
But then I don't much like 'Blobs' on a relational database anyway.

Marten van der Honing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> No the database initiates to contact with cocoon. I do not want cocoon to
> contact the database.
> Besides it would not know how to define a database-reader from cocoon.
>
> The image is base64 encoded do i need to put that in another format? Or tell
> xsl-fo something about that?
>
> Greetings,
> M van der Honing

>>> e
>>> nLyYtXx4JU8/TgAAACH5BAkAAA8ALAAAAAAwADMAAAT/8ElJqr0z63072VRxCCR5
>>> FBioEeLhjm6BVhlxKGVenpb62LqgQEb7uRyM5KBhaDgVON5nUyA5BkqD1pmIzh4i
>>> BGLBLG+fihNqdXCIGcym3NnoSgUMsXa/PduJGWEIDHyFTQkJLhUCb4aGdWmAEgd5
>>> CAOOe3UJQyiMY46XfJBqUzJiAJhbXQI8badaoZijgAR4enuxhzhDFiSVoZfBsKqR
>>> M1VuCADAxCYdI2ILy8LCDVBSLLaWwFwmXz82vwPB07F1rGs2yMoGl5DnRRSUY+L0
>>> 9faH72DIDPRNUPka5GmzR1CcAUTvbIgJQI8brykZ5EUrSNGfAiIKoPVDKGWDgnAU
>>> /wcoq4fmRMYFEy9xhBcozwJlI0eKpAdT5EFrBTSKfAIwIMiaMWeKG+lPQMZkRFcd
>>> YDlBIoCaM4GKBKpL4zqOazY4jfp0KkypNhu4eTmV51KIEV12lQr069OuXrveZMV0
>>> ktq3ePPq3bu26FkQTvkKHvz0ZiS0Te8SXow3gNm6DwLnDfCWMmPLqKrRRSzh4xjK
>>> oPmGxoy58dy/WhU/DaCFwYLSjWMDsOw3q88xs3OjUmDg82jdoYGfhixxtEpbL1fn
>>> /j3aL2TPr5cv2TXmNXPg0pUSdxmg++wlmwSM7T4atPfQtTlHznP+u+Yb45crZz7A
>>> Durb1slPZzWCO/n/AHa3H+4PIHgWIADviYBcgAwypJ16xf2HIE42nJRfgwK+tx0C
>>> AV7ixSJjXdhgfWncl5Zv+iXYy3gYeqciYK6JyNqH34iH4ogPcmALgyTms0hvMkr4
>>> YkAsdqgZLcfcCGCP3kxQC3stHkkDiEqSN2FPEhTgRosCfvgBlUECkOOJQf43gJcU
>>> 1FKklUfaZheHXGoIzyIGSjimkye1aMA/BNYARJFikiCJkze4duBBOzTpJDYfRben
>>> oHUBIYQOiqj3TS1CdLSCDSNMGoOiHEhqgqahyvCCCKgSAdmmpqZqaZoWyCBrCj74