cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: C2.2 with CForms, JavaFlow and JPA (Hibernate)
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:40:21 GMT
Hi Luca,

Yes I have tried, them. Unfortunately they seem to use EVERY aspect of
Cocoon at the same time. No chance for me to find out which parts I really
need and which parts are optional.
I don’t want to start with a 200MB Cocoon installation, just because I want
to use about 20% of the libs.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] Im Auftrag von Luca Morandini
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Dezember 2008 14:05
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: C2.2 with CForms, JavaFlow and JPA (Hibernate)

Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> first of all ... thanks for your response.
> I switched from FlowScript to JavaFlow about two years ago ... JavaFlow
> seems to use some apache bytecode manipulation libs ind versions 2.x and
> Hibernate seems to be stuck on 1.5 ... both seem to be incompatible. So I
> got quite some exceptions and didn't manage to get the whole thing
working.

This may explain some of your woes then, but I cannot be of any
assistance regarding Javaflow, sorry.

> Is there any documentation on pseudoprotocols? For example I would really
> appreciate some kind of explanation on how to go from the plain project
> created by the archetype 2 (Simple block with small samples) to enabling
> CForms. Which blocks are needed, which additions do I need for any config
> files (And what would really be great. If an explanation why I have to do
> what) ...

I am afraid, but I didn't use CForms with Cocoon 2.2 (used a RIA/ROA
approach instead); anyway, I did revise the "sample" and "improving the
sample" pages and they worked fine: have you tried them ?

Regard,