cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: C2.2 with CForms, JavaFlow and JPA (Hibernate)
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:36:01 GMT
Hi Luca,

first of all ... thanks for your response.
I switched from FlowScript to JavaFlow about two years ago ... JavaFlow
seems to use some apache bytecode manipulation libs ind versions 2.x and
Hibernate seems to be stuck on 1.5 ... both seem to be incompatible. So I
got quite some exceptions and didn't manage to get the whole thing working.

Is there any documentation on pseudoprotocols? For example I would really
appreciate some kind of explanation on how to go from the plain project
created by the archetype 2 (Simple block with small samples) to enabling
CForms. Which blocks are needed, which additions do I need for any config
files (And what would really be great. If an explanation why I have to do
what) ...	I would then try to setup the usage of JavaFlow over the
holidays and try to get the JPA thing working ...

With kind regards,
    Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] Im Auftrag von Luca Morandini
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Dezember 2008 09:29
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: C2.2 with CForms, JavaFlow and JPA (Hibernate)

Christofer Dutz wrote:

> The basic Setup I use in my projects at the moment is: Cocoon + CForms +
> JavaFlow + Hibernate … this was no problem at all under C2.1 under C2.2
> it seems to be very problematic.

Well, this is you experience, mine, using Flowscript + Hibernate was
rather pleasant.

> -          Why can I start a block whithout any of the WEB-INF + web.xml
> stuff, but can’t start a Web-Block which contains these files?

Not exactly: some weeks ago I've develop a webapp with tailored web.xml
(I had to define a filter servlet to manage threadlocal Hibernate
sessions). What I did is using the xpatch mechanism and put the patches
into META-INF/cocoon/xpatch directory.

> -          What is the Servlet-Service Framework stuff?

In my eyes, it is a way to define your own pseudoprotocols when re-using
blocks.

> -          Why does It look as if Ajax and Forms are implemented as a
> Servlet?

Ajaxed CForms are a way to render forms more responsive, but the
underlying, stateful, continuations-oriented structure of "plain" Cocoon
forms is still there.

> -          In C2.1 I had to do quite some tuning of individual
> cocoon.xconf elements? How do I find out which elements are configured
> and which options I have and most of all … How do I configure them? I
> remember properly setting up the Janitor to my individual needs solved
> most of my OutOfMemory problems in C2.1.

Avalon-managed components can be set up by specifying xconf fragments in
META-INF/cocoon/avalon. To read your current settings, browse the
META-INF directory in the JARs of Cocoon blocks.

Regards,