cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Daniel <alexander.dan...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Testdriven development (XSLT) for cocoon applications
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:17:34 GMT
On 31.10.2008, at 09:28, Robby Pelssers wrote:
> I already looked for unittesting XSLT, but would like to know the
> experience from this community.   One requirement might be the
> possibility to write tests for xslt2.0.

I am using UTF-X for XSLT unit testing. You can use the XSLT processor
of your choice with UTF-X and therefore it also works with XSLT 2.0.

You can also use UTF-X for integration tests. The version in the trunk
supports a href attributes on utfx:source and utfx:expected, e.g.

	<utfx:assert-equal>
             <utfx:source href="http://localhost:8888/welcome"/>
             <utfx:expected>
		<welcome>welcome message</welcome>
             </utfx:expected>
         </utfx:assert-equal>

In the last two weeks I started to use the Cocoon integration test
framework [1] which uses Maven plugins and HtmlUnit to automate the
tests. Examples can be found in the Cocoon webapp [2] [3]. It plays
nicely with the RCL which gives you TDD for integration tests.

> Thx for the info.  I will most definitely be spending time on Co-Unit
> the next few weeks.  Sounds like the answer I was looking for.

How is your experience with CoUnit so far?

Alex

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-it-fw/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-webapp/
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-webapp/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/it/sitemap/RedirectTest.java