cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [2.1] Generator src from document content
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:23:35 GMT
On 14.11.2008 04:26, Palol Carlos wrote:

> I'm trying to query a Daisy 2.2 repository from a Lenya 2 website
> (Cocoon 2.1)
>
> So i have XML documents like this:
>
> <mydoc>
>   <query>
>     SELECT name WHERE InCollection('xyz')
>   </query>
> </mydoc>
>
> And would like to query that repository through HTTP API, like this:
>
> http://user:user@mydaisyserver.com/repositoryquery?q=SELECT+name+WHERE
> InCollection%28%27xyz%27%29
> which returns an XML result.
>
> What i would like to do (in the pipeline) is:
>
> 1. Read de XML "query" text node.
> 2. Escape the string, create de full url in an action, XSLT or else.
> 3. Generate (file generator) using the full url.
> 4. Transform, etc
>
> I can't find a simple way to take content to de sitemap. Is it necessary
> to use an action and access the document from it?

Hi Carlos,

There is no direct access to the content in the sitemap as you describe
it. Also you would need 2 generators in a pipeline what's not possible
(first one querying the repository, second one reading the file).

You need a 2-pipeline setup. In the main pipeline you query the
repository, transform the result adding an xinclude "directive" (an
element in the xinclude namespace) to it, run the xinclude transformer
and maybe some post transformations. The "included" document (even it
will replace the original XML from the query completely) will be created
from a sub-request to Cocoon (cocoon:/-protocol), i.e. second pipeline.
Here you have again the free choice about what to do.

Hope this helps,
Joerg