cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Browne" <G.Bro...@library.usyd.edu.au>
Subject Encrypting PDF Files [resend]
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:26:31 GMT

Hello

I posted this question a couple of months ago and didn't receive any
replies, so I'm reposting. I was wondering if anyone could help with
this (even if to say "You're wasting your time, mate.")

Thanks very much
Gary

===============================
Hi all

I'm trying to use the FOP serialiser to encrypt PDFs with no success.
Well, the PDFs I can generate, but they aren't encrypted, neither can I
see anything about it in the logs.

I've installed a JDK 1.5 version of bouncy castle's provider and added
it to my CLASSPATH (the jar I've put at $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext as
suggested in the docs). I've added:

security.provider.<n>=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider

to my $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.security file (n=7 in my case).

I've also added the <renderer-config> parameters to my fo2pdf serializer
component in cocoon's top-level sitemap for testing purposes, as
outlined at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/pdf-serializer.html
<http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/pdf-serializer.html> .

I'm running cocoon v2.1.10 under tomcat 5.5.25 on RHEL5.

As I said, the PDF files are generated from my XML but no encryption is
taking place. Any assistance is appreciated.

Kind regards

Gary

Gary Browne
Development Programmer