cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Schmitz <jeffandmon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: javascript embedded in *.jx files
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:32:12 GMT

>> Hello,
>>   I can't seem to be able to create a JXTemplateGenerator .jx file
>> that contains javascript without getting mal-formed xml errors
>> because of (for example) less than (<) symbols in the javascript
>> itself.  I've tried linking to a javascript file too using the
>> <script> tag, but that doesn't work either for various reasons.
>
>Really, external scripts aren't working for you?  Why not?
I think the main reason was I couldn't figure out how to  correctly point to where the script
was.  I kept getting file not found errors in the output.

>>  What is the best way to create a jx page that itself contains
>> javascript?
>

>	<![CDATA[
>		// Your client-side Javascript here
>	]]

I tried this, but if there are any angle brackets (i.e. less than or greater than) in the
javascript, the javascript doesn't work, Firefox doesn't recognize it as javascript code.
 If I get rid of the angle brackets, the script works with or without the CDATA.